Here you can find details of what information we collect from you, what we do with it and who it might be shared with. We do not sell our share your data with any third parties.
Our promise to you:
- We promise to only collect information that is directly relevant to your use of tasmania.madeopen.com.au. We will never sell your data to third parties.
- We promise to always tell you why we need your personal data when we ask for it.
- We promise to protect your data and store it safely.
- We promise to respect your wishes and rights in regards to our storage of your data e.g. your right to be forgotten.
What do we use information for?
We will collect, store and use different kinds of personal information at different points on the website. The information we collect enables us to provide you with a free account and to do the following:
- To administer and moderate the website.
- To protect your data and the data of other users.
- To deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you.
- To improve your browsing experience by personalising the site.
- To notify you about changes to our services or policies.
We only collect personal information necessary to provide you with a free account. This includes:
Other information is collected as part of setting up your personal profile, this information is optional and will be publicly accessible.
All the information we collect is only done so on your explicit consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time. We talk more about your rights and how to make a request here.
Who are we?
Made Open Tasmania is a community platform run by Made Open Communications Ltd on behalf of Central Coast Council, Anglicare Tasmania, Heart Foundation, Every Child Succeeds, Australian Red Cross and Breathe Of Fresh Air to help individuals, groups and organisations connect and collaborate around community interests.
Made Open Communications are the Data Controllers responsible for the collection and protection of your data. All data captured on Made Open Tasmania is stored securely on UK based servers hosted by Cloud Above Ltd (Data processor).
Made Open Communications Ltd:
School House Office, Market Street, Devoran, Truro Cornwall TR3 6QA | email@example.com
Made Open Communications Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 4309700.
Made Open Communications Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office for data protection purposes and its data protection registration number is Z2818556.
Cloud Above Ltd:
1 King Mark House, Stret Constantine, Newquay, Cornwall, TR7 1GF | firstname.lastname@example.org
Who might we share this information with?
Your information will be used expressly for the purposes explained in the section above. We do not sell your information to third parties, third parties may receive information about you but only when you have expressly consented or we are required to do so as explained further below.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Made Open, our clients, or others; and
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
How do we keep your information safe?
We respect your data and take care to ensure the personal data you give us is stored safely and securely.
We store all the personal information you provide on our secure UK based servers. To ensure our servers are secure we:
- Use strong password protection
- Have regular security patches and system updates,
- Have an industry standard Firewall policy,
- Use Authentication,
- Apply user auditing.
We also have strong security measures in place on the website to prevent the website from hacking, these include industry recognised password hashing and salting, SQL injection projection techniques applied across all data input forms, regular updates and security reviews.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the Site). We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
How long do we keep your data?
You data will stored on our servers indefinitely until either of the following:
- You decide to close and delete your account
- You wish to enact your right to be forgotten
- The website is to be terminated / retired
Your personal information is owned by you. If you have any questions or issues with the way in which we are using your data you have the following rights:
- You can ask to see what data we hold on you (right of access)
- You can ask for information to be corrected
- You can ask to receive a copy of the data we hold on you (right to portability)
- You can ask us to delete any information we have about you (right to be forgotten)
- You can object to the way in which we use your information
- You can complain to the supervisory authority
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work more efficiently, as well as to collect information about users of the website. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual.
The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
There are 2 different types of cookie that can be placed in your browser by a website:
- Session cookies are only used for the period you use the website, and are deleted when you close your web browser. A new cookie would then be placed in your web browser if you were to visit the same website again in the future.
- Persistent cookies remain in your browser once you have left the website and closed your web browser. The next time you visit the website the information in the cookie will be used to ensure the website works as set up at the previous visit. For example, to display certain things on the homepage. Persistent cookies will expire if the website that set them is not visited again within a certain timescale.
We use the following cookies on our website:
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
_ga, _gat, _utma, _utmc, _utmz
APISID, HSID, NID, PREF, SAPISID, SID, SSID
Logs user sessions.
Authentication back to stripe.
__stripe_orig_props, logged_in, machine_identifier, rack.session, stripe.csrf
This cookie is used by the Vimeo player. This is a session cookie.
We embed videos from our official YouTube channel using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode.
APISID, GEUP, HSID, LOGIN_INFO, PREF, SAPISID, SID, SSID, VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, YSC
targeting cookies (which log users’ browsing histories to display relevant adverts when a particular user next visits the website).
If you would like to disable cookies from your web browser then you need to activate the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of some or all cookies. However, blocking all cookies is likely to have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
You are able to delete cookies that are stored on your computer. Please see the instructions on how to do so for the three most commonly used web browsers below:
Google Chrome http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647 Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 Mozilla Firefox http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
Third party websites
The Site contains links to other websites. If you follow a link to any of these other websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.